Now hiring for an Indianapolis Controller.
- Create and audit monthly, quarterly and year-end financials and present them to the board and committee
- Prepare reports to be presented to the board and committee to make organizational decisions
- Work to evaluate processes and identify opportunities for improvement in accounting or the organization’s financial position
- Monitor and manage restricted funds
- Spearhead year-end audits and ensure strong internal controls
- Maintain GL entries and review accounts
- Prepare monthly and quarterly closes
- Prepare all tax compliance documents
- Lead budget comparisons
- Generate reporting on trusts and investments
- Lead the budget with monthly comparison to actual results
- Monitor cash requirements with a weekly cash projection
- Manage banking relationships
- Assist in training staff (new and existing)
- Five years of experience in accounting and finance
- General ledger knowledge required
- Prior experience in the construction industry preferred
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, problem solver, detail oriented and reliable
- Preference given to those who have worked in a non-profit setting previously
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Sage Intact preferred
- Experience with an ERP system required
This is an onsite position.
Jumpstart your career.
You are on your way! Apply today.