· Offer an attractive, competitive, benefits package with components such as life insurance, disability insurance and flexible hours.
· Provide opportunities for people to share their knowledge via training sessions, presentations, mentoring others and team assignments.
· Demonstrate respect for employees at all times. Listen to them deeply; use their ideas; never ridicule or shame them.
· Offer performance feedback and praise good efforts and results.
· People want to enjoy their work. Make work fun. Engage and employ the special talents of each individual.
· Involve employees in decisions that affect their jobs and the overall direction of the company whenever possible.
· Recognize and celebrate success. Mark their passage as important goals are achieved.
· Celebrate! Have a costume party every Halloween, have pitch-ins, celebrate company anniversaries.
p; Team together for good causes. Run a food collection drive every November. Pick a monthly charity to help.
· Provide opportunities within the company for cross-training and career progression. People like to know that they have room for career movement.
· Provide the opportunity for career and personal growth through training and education, challenging assignments and more.
· Communicate goals, roles and responsibilities so people know what is expected and feel like part of the in-crowd.
If you are a Central Indiana employer, what are your top recruiting and retention strategies?
If you are an employee who wants to make a job change, what is important to you?